- Based on our longstanding industry expertise, we transfer the agreed upon climate goals for you to precise requirements and identify needs for action
- We are focussed on economically sound strategies and take every necessary corporate sector into account when deducting your strategy
- We consider your competitor’s course of action in order to better assess your existing risks and opportunities
What does your climate strategy look like?
Basic economic conditions are about to change fundamentally: The climate agreement of Paris to limit global warming below 2°C and the agreement of G7 to decarbonise their economy until 2050 are only the latest examples for that. In this context, companies on the one hand wonder what scale of emissions’ reductions will have to be realised in order to reach the expressed climate goals. On the other hand it is relevant for them to find out which reduction goals can be reached and still make sense economically. We support you with:
- Climate pathways, specifically developed for your company, covering all industries and countries, e.g. to determine your possible, economically reasonable contribution to reach global climate goals
- Financial assessment of possible actions to reach your energy or emissions’ reduction goal
- The deduction of a climate strategy and an action plan, which would be realised in close collaboration with all relevant departments of your company
Is your investment 2°C compatible?
The divestment of capital in direction of climate friendly technologies and companies is one of the essential requirements to reach the determined climate goals. Politics, society and various Non-profit-organisations have been demanding a more active role of financial service providers in regard to climate protection for quite some time now. The financial services sector is confronted with three questions:
- What kind of financial impact does the financing of more climate-resilient companies or buildings have for us?
- In what way could our capital help transform the real economy?
- What share of my portfolio could turn 2°C compatible?
We support our clients with:
- ClimateXcellence model and Stranding-Tool: financial assessment of all transition risks of countries, industries and companies as well as all kinds of buildings. Different kinds of scenarios or stress-testing parametres until 2050 are possible, sensitivity analyses and individual scenario tests
- Engagement-sheets: a map for essential fields of action of all industries and companies to reach a 2°C pathway to enable communication
- 2°C quick check: Which industries and types of buildings could conform to a 2°C goal and where are significant impacts of the transformation to be expected
How to get your reporting fit for the future?
The financial services sector and companies have to distinguish between two kinds of reporting: reporting that is obligatory and voluntary reporting. While obligatory reporting, e.g. when participating in EU ETS, has not changed a lot over the years, the requirements for voluntary reporting have changed considerably:
Based on the climate agreement of Paris, financial service providers are expected to disclose relevant data that exceeds typical carbon footprinting and includes kpi’s concerning climate risks and opportunities. This causes changes in disclosing climate-related financial KPIs.
We support our clients from the financial services sector with:
- Reporting according to climate compliance of financing according to article 173 of the French energy transition law
- FSB-compliant assessment of financial risks for sectors, companies and buildings for every time span based on fundamental, country-specific raw data and individual suggestions for actions
- Reporting for CDP
We support our clients from the real economy with:
- Climate-related reporting according to German law
- Reporting for CDP
- Reporting according to EU ETS
Furthermore, we develop supporting tools to collect data automatedly and comfortably. We strive to integrate these tools in existing controlling and energy management structures, so that you can work with a tailor-made, cost-efficient solution.